*Sleepless Theme #7 by sleeplessthemes.tumblr.com. Please don't remove credit! Please don't remove credit! Please don't remove credit! Please don't remove credit! Please don't remove credit! Please don't remove credit! */>
decided to do one of those influence memes that i got on dA (one of the reasons i still use that site lol)
1. Hayao Miyazaki. the man has been a big influence on me since like forever. i grew up on watching my neighbor totoro so that’s been very influential on me. the fantastic characters, the detailed sceneries… it’s just mindblowing
2. Fantasy. i adore fantasy stories. whether it’s a lord of the rings type fantasy or a sci-fi futuristic fantasy, i love it all. my favorite fantasy setting is steampunk (i love anything steampunk)
3. Reading. i suppose this is also part of the fantasy one, but whatever. i love reading books, mostly just fiction since i find those more interesting to read. favorite books are harry potter, the hobbit, the red wall series, the inheritance series (eragon), and a few shakespeare plays (mostly hamlet, midsummer night’s dream, etc)
4. Alphonse Mucha. i simply admire mucha’s style. the thick outline with the thin details within each figure in all of his artwork is just absolutely stunning.
5. Anatomy. i try to be anatomically correct as possible when it comes to my art. i try not to be too realistically (it’s hard trying to draw realistically all the time like that) and try to be at least have some anatomical sense when it comes to my style and shit.
6. Music. i love listening to music. a lot. almost to the point where it becomes unbearable to function without it lol. the bands/artists i listen to the most are coldplay, paramore, adele, feist, foster the people, studio killers, gorillaz, switchfoot, and mumford and sons (my current favorite)
7. Mythology. i love mythology, especially mythical creatures. sure i like the generic creatures like dragons, werewolves, vampires, etc. but my favorite is the manticore (like the one in the picture). because they’re awesome and they’re cool♥ 4 Notes / Sat Mar 3rd, 2012 ≡ reblog